- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend classes
- Joining a fast growing organisation
- Future career pathways
This is a great opportunity for qualified teachers who enjoy swimming, love working with children, who want to teach the skills of swimming and the value of water safety.
Belgravia Kids is the latest venture for the Belgravia Group and the realisation of a clear goal from Belgravia founder, CEO and Chair, Geoff Lord:
"To positively impact the lives of a million Australian Children
each year through physical activity".
Over recent years, a more sedentary lifestyle and significant population growth in our major cities have led to a rise in obesity and a worrying lack of basic physical skills. The result is that today’s kids may be the first generation with a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
Belgravia Kids facilities and programs will be tailored to the needs of the communities in which they are located and will include gymnastics facilities for ‘Learn to Move’ programs and swim centres for ‘Learn to Swim’ programs. They will focus particularly on programs for children aged between 1 and 12 years old, but can be expanded to encompass a wide range of other activities, depending on the specific community needs.
Based in Melbourne’s South Eastern suburbs, this will be the one of many Belgravia Kids Gymnastics & Swim Centres to come. We currently have centres in Bayside VIC, Hoppers Crossing VIC, Craigieburn VIC, O'Connor in WA and soon we will have a centre in Bayswater VIC. We're poised for huge growth so the opportunities to work across centres is very real. Our Belgravia Kids gymnasts will experience a friendly and warm atmosphere with coaches that will guide and encourage them. We will also have an aquatic area providing a swim school.
As a Swimming Teacher you will teach effective Swimming and Water Safety to help grow our swim program. You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes.
You will have a passion for swimming and making children safer around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent) & National Police Check
- Current AUSTSWIM Certificate – Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics (Desirable)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics Access and Inclusion (Desirable)
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
- Infant and Preschool Qualified
- Access and Inclusion Qualification
Simply submit your Expression of Interest, click the "Interested" button and we’ll be in touch.