QLD, Redcliffe War Memorial Swimming Pool - Redcliffe 4020
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Casual position
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend classes
Exciting career pathway opportunity to progress to a Aquatic Service Coordinator role with our organisation
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
As a Swim Teacher you will teach effective Swimming and Water Safety to help grow our swim program. You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes.
You will have a passion for swimming and making children safer around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Flexible availability to work mornings, afternoons and Saturday morning shifts is essential. We also have hours available in our school swimming program. The centre operates their indoor heated pool year round.
Skills & Attributes:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics (Essential)
- Current AUSTSWIM Certificate – Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics Access and Inclusion (Desirable but not essential)
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Current First Aid (Level 2)
- Current CPR Certificate
- Blue Card (Working With Children Check & National Police Check)
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health training environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.