QLD, Nambour Aquatic Centre - Nambour QLD 4560
- Lead a team passionate people
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access and great benefits
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Belgravia Leisure in partnership with Sunshine Coast Council, are proud to be the management company of the Nambour Aquatic Centre in Nambour.
The aquatic centre is in the heart of Sunshine Coast 25min north west of the beautiful Mooloolaba and Alexandra Headlands coast line and well known within the hinterland suburbs as a great community hub with a strong reputation for its facility presentation and customer service. Guests are provided with number of programs and facilities suitable for all ages including swimming classes, squads & triathlon, access and inclusions programs, aqua aerobic, water polo, cafe, merchandise, indoor heated pool, 50m lap pool and approved splash park redevelopment to be completed in 2020.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Centre Manager to lead the team to deliver exceptional customer experience at this large facility.
Responsible for the management of this fantastic facility, the team at the Centre and our local community, you are fully accountable for the Centre’s operational, financial and program deliverables.
Inherent in the role is the commitment to ethical practices, to foster strong team motivation and reinforcement of the Belgravia Leisure values, contributing to the positive work culture across the region. To be considered for this role you will be a seasoned, professional applicant, who leads with vision and energy, with extensive experience in commercial/business and contract management, preferably from within the leisure, fitness, aquatic or facility management sector.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coach and develop leaders to deliver on KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Lead and drive a high-performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets.
- Maintain a high value relationship with our council partner.
- Implement a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Train staff as required to ensure that knowledge and capability are at the required levels to enable staff to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes.
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Pool Life Guard Certificate
- Pool Operations Certificate
- Blue Card: National Police Check & Working with Children Check
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in aquatic operations
- Operational experience in Stadium facilities
- Great understanding of local government and processes
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
Apply now !!