QLD, Goomeri Outdoor Pool – Goomeri 4601
- Lead a team
- Make a real difference to the community
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
We are looking for an up and coming people leader to coach, inspire and lead the team during our peak seasonal !
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Centre Manager to lead the team to deliver exceptional customer experience on a full-time fixed term basis, in readiness for the upcoming season commencing September School Holidays 2019 to the end of April School Holidays 2020. This appointment will also include extended off season opportunities to the appointed Centre Manager in support to continued development and employment opportunities.
Responsible for the management of this small fantastic facility contributing to the local community, you are fully accountable for the Centre’s operational, financial and program deliverables. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the local and regional team, key stakeholders and the local Council. With an experience in sales, financial and risk management, you will continue to drive the Centre’s overall success.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coach and develop leaders to deliver on KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Lead and drive a high performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets.
- Maintain a high value relationship with local Council
- Implement a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Train staff as required to ensure that knowledge and capability are at the required levels to enable staff to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
You will be a up and coming leader, who drives with vision and energy. You are passionate about leisure, wanting to join a growing organisation. You will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high performance teams into business actions. You can easily articulate the link between employee engagement and exceptional business performance.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Sound knowledge of health and safety
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and wants to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
Click the Apply Now button !!