NSW, Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre - Zetland 2017
- Free membership to all City of Sydney’s current Aquatic and Leisure Centres
- Work for a diverse and growing organisation
- Be part of the journey of connecting community to leisure
- 6 month contract role
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly already manage the City of Sydney's five Iconic Aquatic and fitness leisure centres (Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Cook and Phillip Park Fitness and Aquatic Centre, Andrew 'Boy' Charlton Pool, Victoria Park Swimming Pool and Prince Alfred Park Pool).
As part of Belgravia Leisure's 3 year contract with the City of City, we will be the management company for the new Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre in Zetland, NSW. Gunyama Park is currently under construction and will be the largest single investment in aquatic infrastructure in Australia since the Sydney Olympic Games. Facility to include indoor and outdoor pools, health and fitness centre and covered outdoor yoga deck. It is due to open its doors to the public in May 2020.
Want to be a part of something really exciting in the City of Sydney?
- Are you a project management professional, who has managed iconic and complex remits?
- Do you love living near, working in, or visiting iconic Sydney locations?
- Are you proud of your city, and keen to be an ambassador for others including interstate and international visitors?
- Do you love seeing active people having access to all their local communities have to offer?
Reporting directly to the City of Sydney Regional Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating people and processes to ensure this Centre opens on time, within budget and according to agreed targets including quality, safety, sustainability and inclusion. You will be the "Go to" person for all things Gunyama Park !
The role is also responsible for planning the project in detail to ensure the integration of all activities, identification of cross-portfolio dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
- Developing the Gunyama Centre Opening’s project scope, budget and timeline
- Preparing and implementing a detailed Project Implementation
- Engaging, leading and motivating a project team including contractors and consultants
- Establishing effective working relationships with all key stakeholders including internal and external team members, the City of Sydney, partners, suppliers and customers
- Measuring the project’s performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Monitoring the quality of project deliverables and ensuring project objectives are met
- Reporting regularly on the status of on project performance, to establish progress against goals and objectives.
- Project management qualifications such as PMP or PRINCE II certification
- 7-10 years’ project management experience including the delivery of complex initiatives and infrastructure projects
- Experience with different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall
- Experience in project management deliverables including risk, cost control, contracts, resourcing and people
- First Aid Level 2 & Current CPR
- National Police Check upon onboarding
- Working with Children's Check or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or Information Technology
- Leisure industry experience
- Local government or public sector experience
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking "Apply Now"
Please note- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.