- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend classes
- Part Time Role
This is a great opportunity for qualified teachers who enjoy swimming, love working with children, who want to teach the skills of swimming and the value of water safety.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
The responsibility of the Aquatic Services Officer is to assist in the management and operation of the swim school and related services and programs.
The Aquatic Services Officer will lead and provide direction to the Swim Teachers, to ensure the delivery of swim school programs to the highest standard possible. Supported and under the guidance of the aquatic services manager.
You will have a passion for swimming and the progression of students. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Please note, this position requires wet hours in addition to dry hours.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Strong people leadership with an ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of WHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent) & National Police Check (or ability to obtain)
- Current AustSwim Certificate – Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety
- Demonstrated experience managing, guiding and leading swim teachers
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role within the aquatic industry
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- AUSTSWIM extension certificate
- Links software experience
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in an aquatics environment, we want to hear from you!