VIC, BK's Gym - Craigieburn 3064
- Be part of something new and exciting
- Great workplace flexibility
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
This is a great opportunity for passionate and friendly EXPERIENCED coaches who enjoy working with children and building skills in gymnastics and life
BK Gym is the latest venture for the Belgravia Group and the realisation of a clear goal from Belgravia founder, CEO and Chair, Geoff Lord:
"To positively impact the lives of a million Australian Children
each year through physical activity".
Over recent years, a more sedentary lifestyle and significant population growth in our major cities have led to a rise in obesity and a worrying lack of basic physical skills. The result is that today’s kids may be the first generation with a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
BK facilities and programs will be tailored to the needs of the communities in which they are located and will include gymnastics facilities for ‘Learn to Move’ programs and swim centres for ‘Learn to Swim’ programs. They will focus particularly on programs for children aged between 1 and 12 years old, but can be expanded to encompass a wide range of other activities, depending on the specific community needs.
The Gymnastics programs will provide the foundation of this physical literacy and, with a customised facility model and authentic gymnastics programs including Kinder Gym, Gym Fun, Gym Skills, and Australian Levels Programs for Men’s and Women’s Artistic Gymnastics.
BK Gym and Swim has grown at an incredibly fast paced. We have BK Gym Hoppers Crossing, BK Swim & Gym Noble Park, BK Gym Craigieburn, BK Gym in O'Connor WA and BK Gym Cheltenham. At our BK centres, customers will experience a friendly and warm atmosphere with coaches that will guide and encourage them.
You will adapt lesson plans and coach a variety of gymnastics programs in a safe, positive and fun environment for participants. We are seeking interests from already experienced coaches who have a Gymnastics Australia Intermediate or Advanced Coaching accreditation/qualification.
Those with a beginners qualification will only be considered if you can demonstrate ample hours of coaching as this role requires coaches to have a clear understanding of their role and responsibilities. We are entering our peak season with the commencement of summer and therefore you will need to have flexibility to work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
We have casual and Part time roles available.
Skills & Attributes:
- You must love working with kids and making a positive impact on their lives
- Energetic people skills
- Enthusiasm and a passion for developing others
- Friendly and open communicator
- A results focused team player
- An understanding of the value of physical literacy and the need to be active through gymnastics activities
- Intermediate GFA/Advanced - Coach Accreditation
- Current Gymnastics Australia Technical Membership
- Annually updating Gymnastics accreditation in accordance with Gymnastics Australia technical membership requirements.
- Current First Aid
- Current CPR
- Working with Children Check
- A wiliness to undertake a Police Check clearance upon onboarding
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in the sport & leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.