VIC, BK Gym - Cheltenham 3192
- Great career paths and development with this new Belgravia venture
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
- Multiple casual positions available
This is a great opportunity for passionate and friendly people who enjoy delighting our members and visitors and leave lasting positive impressions
BK Gymnastics is the latest venture for the Belgravia Group and the realisation of a clear goal from Belgravia founder, CEO and Chair, Geoff Lord:
"To positively impact the lives of a million Australian Children
each year through physical activity".
Over recent years, a more sedentary lifestyle and significant population growth in our major cities have led to a rise in obesity and a worrying lack of basic physical skills. The result is that today’s kids may be the first generation with a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
BK Gymnastics facilities and programs will be tailored to the needs of the communities in which they are located and will include gymnastics facilities for ‘Learn to Move’ programs and swim centres for ‘Learn to Swim’ programs. They will focus particularly on programs for children aged between 1 and 12 years old, but can be expanded to encompass a wide range of other activities, depending on the specific community needs.
The Gymnastics programs will provide the foundation of this physical literacy and, with a customised facility model and authentic gymnastics programs including KinderGym, GymFun, GymSkills and FreeG Kids, and Australian Levels Programs for Men’s and Women’s Artistic Gymnastics.
While we have established BK Gym Hoppers Crossing, BK Swim & Gym Noble Park, BK Gym Craigieburn, BK Swim in O'Connor WA and we now have a fifth facility based in the suburb of Cheltenham - BK Gym Cheltenham VIC. At our BK centres, customers will experience a friendly and warm atmosphere with coaches that will guide and encourage them.
Our Customer Service Officers are the heart of our business providing important services such as Reception, Merchandising and sales to our members, casual users and potential new members in accordance with our established operational routines and procedures. The primary responsibility of our Customer Service Officers is to deliver first class services to our customers ensuring it’s in line our Mission, Vision and Values.
The successful applicants must be able to work weekends and during peak seasons
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, both in person and over the telephone
- Apply sound cash handling principals and use of Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Provide customers inquiring about memberships with information and have the knowledge to sell memberships when a person joins or renews
- Promote the centres services and programs to customers and accept customer bookings and enrolments
- Develop and maintain good working relations with customers
- Promote and exercise good public relations at all times
- Opening/closing of the centre in accordance with security and safety procedures.
Skills & Attributes:
- Positive, friendly, helpful and energetic work style
- Computer literacy, familiarity with software packages and point of sale systems
- Experience in the leisure industry is desirable.
- Current First Aid Certificate (Workplace Level 2).
- Current CPR Certificate.
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- An understanding of the value of physical literacy and the need to be active through gymnastics activities
- Minimum Beginners Coach Accreditation
- Current Gymnastics Australia Technical Membership
- Annually updating Gymnastics accreditation in accordance with Gymnastics Australia technical membership requirements.
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.