VIC, BK Gym - Cheltenham 3192
This is a great opportunity for passionate and friendly gymnastics Program Manager who enjoys creating engaging and innovative programs, developing children and managing a team of coaches.
BK Gym is the latest venture for the Belgravia Group and the realisation of a clear goal from Belgravia founder, CEO and Chair, Geoff Lord:
"To positively impact the lives of a million Australian Children
each year through physical activity".
Over recent years, a more sedentary lifestyle and significant population growth in our major cities have led to a rise in obesity and a worrying lack of basic physical skills. The result is that today’s kids may be the first generation with a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
BK facilities and programs will be tailored to the needs of the communities in which they are located and will include gymnastics facilities for ‘Learn to Move’ programs and swim centres for ‘Learn to Swim’ programs. They will focus particularly on programs for children aged between 1 and 12 years old, but can be expanded to encompass a wide range of other activities, depending on the specific community needs.
The Gymnastics programs will provide the foundation of this physical literacy and, with a customised facility model and authentic gymnastics programs including Kinder Gym, Gym Fun, Gym Skills and FreeG Kids, and Australian Levels Programs for Men’s and Women’s Artistic Gymnastics.
While we have established BK Gyms and BK Gym & Swims in Hoppers Crossing, Noble Park, Craigieburn and Cheltenham, we geared up to grow even more nationally. At our BK centres, customers will experience a friendly and warm atmosphere with coaches that will guide and encourage them.
As a Centre Manager for our BK Gym, you will be accountable for the overall success of their business unit, meeting or exceeding financial budgets and KPIs set out in the annual plans and business budgets. The Centre manager drives a safe, inclusive and positive culture of sales, service and operational excellence through strategic planning and staff training.
- Achieving or exceeding the centres operational and financial budgets through effective strong member growth and careful cost control
- Maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets including motivating staff to contribute effectively
- Delivery of sales training and ongoing sales coaching/mentoring of all centre staff
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Resolving customer/parent queries and complaints with a service first attitude
- Coordination of staff rostering
- Coordination of staff training and professional development
- Facilitation of effective communication between and within staff but also with customers
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation – for staff and customers – including child safety standards
- Preparing promotional plans and community outreach to drive memberships
- Liaising with head office and other centre’s management
- Liaise with the Head Gymnastics Coach to ensure the preparation of quality, safe and innovative gymnastics programs
- Liaise with Head Coach to ensure records of members, injuries and programs are stored effectively
- Liaise with Head Coach to maintain a timetable of classes which maximises the use of the facility and considers members’ needs
- Liaise with Head Coach to implement new programs as appropriate
- Effective implementation and use of business systems to drive an efficient business operation
- Ensuring the quality of gymnastics floor and surrounding areas
- Coordinating maintenance of gymnastics floor and surrounding areas
- Customer service mindset
- Financial management experience
- Strong sales acumen
- Fanatical customer service mindset
- Passionate about children’s development in sport and sporting skills
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Knowledge of child learn to swim programming and the aquatics industry
- Knowledge of child gymnastic programs and the gymnastic industry
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in the sport & leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.