VIC, Aquatic & Recreation Centre - Rosebud 3939
- Are you passionate about promoting aquatic and leisure activities to the community?
- Do you possess the skills and ability to build, develop and lead an enthusiastic team?
- Are you looking for a sea change?
- Rare opportunity to be part of opening and managing a new state of the art facility
- A generous remuneration package including bonus to attract the right applicant
About the Role
A once in a lifetime opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering the highest level of customer service to open and manage Mornington Peninsula Shire’s new $35mil Aquatic & Recreation Centre located in Rosebud. This is an exciting time for Belgravia Leisure as we look to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Centre Manager to build and lead a passionate and engaged team to manage Mornington Peninsula Shire’s newest Aquatic & Recreation facility.
As the Centre Manager you will be fully accountable for the facility’s operations, financial performance and program deliverables. You will deliver and drive exceptional customer service and a culture of innovation. The state of the art facility will be known for its adoption of technology and latest industry trends. The Centre Manager will be a strong people leader who will be responsible for recruiting, developing and leading a skilful and passionate team. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team, key stakeholders and Council. With strong business acumen and experience in sales, financial and risk management, you will continue to drive the overall success of the centre.
The Centre Manager’s key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coaching and developing leaders to deliver KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Leading a high-performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achieving budgeted performance targets.
- Maintaining a high value relationship with our council partner.
- Implementing a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruiting of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Training and development of staff to ensure staff have the required knowledge and capability levels to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
You have experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to achieve successful outcomes. Possessing strong communication skills, you are able to build rapport and positive relationships with people. Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility and 5 years’ experience in managing and leading teams. With a flair and ability to positive influence and negotiate win-win outcomes, you lead by example. You are tech savvy and have a sound knowledge of health and safety legislation. You possess values such as integrity, excellence, courage, openness, respect leadership and accountability. Its desirable you have a minimum 2 years’ experience in aquatic operations and a good understanding of local government and its processes.
About the Perks
With an attractive salary to attract the right applicant you will be eligible to earn a bonus of up to 10% of your salary by achieving your key performance indicators. As a staff member of Belgravia Leisure you will also have access to all the leisure facilities on the Mornington Peninsula.
About the Site
Recently, the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council awarded Belgravia Leisure as the management company of their newest Aquatic & Recreation facility located in Rosebud. Construction of this state-of-the-art facility is due to be completed by late 2020. The aquatic and recreation centre will include a number of facilities that will benefit many of the local community including 50m indoor pool, warm water program pool, three multi-purpose rooms for health and fitness classes, gym, wellness centre, café, family change rooms, all with a high level of regard to disability access. Thus, ensuring that Belgravia Leisure continues its purpose and mission of “connecting community to leisure” and in turn providing every member of the community the opportunity to take advantage of this incredible facility.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
About the Qualifications
- Pool Life Guard Certificate*
- Pool Operations Certificate*
- National Police Check*
- Working with Children Check*
- Current CPR Certificate*
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)*
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire.
Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
This is a full time opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work. To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested. To find out more, please contact Ben Walker on 0409 580 095.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the Apply Now button