Aquatic & Recreation Centre- Rosebud
- Are you passionate about promoting aquatic and leisure activities to the community?
- Do you possess the skills and ability to build, develop and lead an enthusiastic team?
- Are you looking for a sea change?
- Rare opportunity to be part of a new state of the art facility
- A generous remuneration package including incentives to attract the right applicant
About the Role
A once in a lifetime opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering the highest level of customer service to the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s new $35mil Aquatic & Recreation Centre located in Rosebud.
This is an exciting time for Belgravia Leisure as we look to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Guest Experience Manager to build and lead a passionate and engaged guest experience team.
As the Guest Experience Manager you will be a strong people leader who will be responsible for the recruitment, ongoing training and development of all Guest Experience staff to meet new member and program enrolment sales targets and KPIs. You will deliver and drive exceptional customer service and a culture of innovation. The state-of-the-art facility will be known for its adoption of technology and latest industry trends.
You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team and key stakeholders. With strong business acumen, experience in sales and delivering exceptional customer service you will continue to drive the overall experience of our guests.
The Guest Experience Manager’s key accountabilities include:
- Meet monthly new member and program enrolment targets and associated KPIs
- Meet monthly retail budgets and stock control KPIs
- Maintain NPS and mystery shop scores in line with KPIs adopted by Belgravia Leisure
- Work with and support the Centre Manager to implement corrective action plans, specifically related to meeting monthly membership and program enrolment targets
- In consultation with the Centre Manager, set new member and growth targets on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Lead by example by provide exceptional customer centric guest experiences in person and over the phone to existing and prospective members and guests
- Process memberships and data entry in line with company processes
- Apply sound cash handling principles and use of Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Set rosters in line with the business budgets and the four principles of time and attendance
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with the Belgravia Leisure C.L.E.A.R. Values
You have experience in leading a team to achieve collective and individual targets. Possessing strong communication skills, you are able to build rapport and positive relationships with people. Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience in leading a strong customer experience and sales culture and 5 years’ experience in managing and leading teams. With a flair and ability to positively influence and negotiate win-win outcomes, you lead by example.
You are tech savvy and have strong sales knowledge and understanding of sales-related performance KPIs. You also have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of guests. You possess values such as integrity, excellence, courage, openness, respect leadership and accountability.
About the Perks
With an attractive salary to attract the right applicant you will be eligible to earn incentives by achieving your key performance indicators. As a staff member of Belgravia Leisure you will also have access to all the leisure facilities on the Mornington Peninsula.
About the Site
Recently, the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council awarded Belgravia Leisure as the management company of their newest Aquatic & Recreation facility located in Rosebud. Construction of this state-of-the-art facility is due to be completed by late 2020.
The aquatic and recreation centre will include a number of facilities that will benefit many of the local community including 50m indoor pool, warm water program pool, three multi-purpose rooms for health and fitness classes, gym, wellness centre, café, family change rooms, all with a high level of regard to disability access. Thus, ensuring that Belgravia Leisure continues its purpose and mission of “connecting community to leisure” and in turn providing every member of the community the opportunity to take advantage of this incredible facility.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
About the Qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR
- Current Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current National Police Check
- Leadership Skills
- Customer service background
- Previous sales and marketing experience
- Ability to interpret and report on numerical data
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire.
Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
This is a full time opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work. To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested.