NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities - Sydney 2000
Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool, Woolloomooloo
Cook+Phillip Park Pool, Sydney
Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Ultimo
Prince Alfred Park Pool, Surry Hills
Victoria Park Pool, Broadway
Belgravia Leisure has been awarded a three-year contract to manage the City of Sydney’s iconic leisure and aquatic centres.
In managing these centres it employs people in roles such as lifeguards, learn to swim instructors, fitness coaches, centre management, and corporate functions.
All employees are expected to work across the different locations and contribute to the Contract’s imperatives of operating sustainably, driving centre attendance, and fostering inclusion for all members of the community.
- Are you renowned as a ‘people person’?
- Do you love living near, working in, or visiting iconic Sydney locations?
- Are you proud of your city, and keen to be an ambassador for others?
- Do you love seeing active people having access to all their local communities have to offer?
- Do you take safety, wellness and inclusion seriously?
- And most importantly, do you have current availability including the ability to work early mornings, late afternoons and on weekends?
We have the following roles available, with specific qualifications required as follows:
- Duty Manager: Pool Lifeguard Award / Pool Operations Certification
- Fitness Instructors /Personal Trainers: Certificate III / Certificate IV in Fitness
- Lifeguards: Pool Lifeguard Award
- Learn to Swim Teachers: AUSTswim Licence
- Membership Consultants: Solutions focus, and willingness to cross and up-sell
- Customer Service Officers: Willingness to offer world-class customer experiences
Positions are on a full or part-time basis, and will range from 20 to 40 hours a week. Our centres have also been listed as COVID-Safe venues, and we take the health, safety and wellbeing of team members very seriously.
- Access to all five City of Sydney Venues
- Full membership for all permanent employees
- Career progression
- Centre Manager pathways
Skills & Attributes:
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent) & National Police Check
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
Your cover letter should include:
- the position title you are interested in
- Full time or part time work
- Your availability
- Your relevant qualifications
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
We look forward to your application !