About Belgravia Health & Leisure Group
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly manage the City of Sydney's five Iconic Aquatic and fitness leisure centres (Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Cook and Phillip Park Fitness and Aquatic Centre, Andrew 'Boy' Charlton Pool, Victoria Park Swimming Pool and Prince Alfred Park Pool). Our partnership extends more than a decade and built on a relationship underpinned by the shared ‘TRUST’ values.
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Belgravia Leisure Values: Customer focus, Leadership, Excellence, Accountability, Results
Shared Partnership Values: Transparency, Results, Understanding & Respect, Service Excellence, Team work.
The Regional Manager is responsible for these iconic facilities. Through the leadership and development of your teams. Accountable for the operational performance, financial and program deliverables of each centre. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team to ensure the provision of consistent quality services and programs to members and the community.
You will have previous experience in contract or client management and balance the interests of Belgravia and the City of Sydney to ensure successful outcomes for both partners.
Inherent in the role is the commitment to ethical practices, to foster strong team motivation and reinforcement of the Belgravia Leisure values. To be considered for this role you will be a seasoned and professional manager, who leads with vision and energy, with extensive experience in commercial/business management, preferably from within the leisure, fitness, aquatic or facility management sector.
The ideal candidate will have a strong strategic development and business planning background, with the ability to engage and develop lasting, positive relationships with various staff and stakeholders. A true people leader, you will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high performance teams in your career. You can easily articulate the link between employee engagement and exceptional business performance. This is a unique opportunity for an outstanding people leader to coach, inspire and lead the team and the community within Sydney’s premier leisure facilities!
Skills and Attributes
Candidates will require a range of personal and professional skills, including:
- Highly developed leadership skills, with experience in building successful teams and developing a high-performance culture.
- Extensive experience in the strategic development and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes.
- Demonstrative experience leading a dynamic and complex business operation, preferably from within the leisure, fitness, aquatic, retail, hospitality or facility management industries.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Sound computer literacy.
- Current Apply First Aid Certificate (Workplace Level 2).
- Current CPR Certificate.
- Working with Children Check.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and/or extensive experience in Centre/Facility Management or senior management experience in a related industry.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
For a confidential conversation about the role please contact James Ellender- State Manager NSW on 0466 552 256 or firstname.lastname@example.org