VIC, Yawa Aquatic Centre - Rosebud 3939
- Are you passionate about aquatic operations and safety?
- Do you possess the skills and ability to build, develop and lead a passionate team?
- A unique opportunity to manage and lead an brand new operations team
- Rare opportunity to be part of a new state of the art facility
About the Role
A once in a lifetime opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering the highest level of aquatic safety and operations to the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s new $35mil Aquatic & Recreation Centre located in Rosebud.
This is an exciting time for Belgravia Leisure as we look to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Operations Coordinator to build and lead a passionate, professional and highly engaged operations team.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the smooth day to day operation of Yawa Aquatic Centre and will be responsible for the implementation of strategies in hazard prevention and policy implementation that will ensure a safe centre at all times.
The Operations Coordinator will ensure the team on site are operating effectively to deliver a safe, patron friendly facility in accordance with operational practices, contractual requirements, quality systems and industry guidelines and will ensure that patron feedback is acted on and, over time, reduce any negative perception communicated by patrons regarding site operations.
With the support of the Aquatic Operations Manager, the Operations Coordinator will deliver and drive the physical appearance of the centre through strong contractor management relationships and will adhere to the OH&S processes and management systems provided by Belgravia and legislative regulatory standards.
Key accountabilities include:
- Have a qualification in OH&S
- Ensure all emergency equipment is in good working condition
- Support the Aquatic Operations Manager in investigating accidents and incidents
- Monitor OHS, Risk and Environment performance and initiate actions to improve performance
- Implement hazard and environment inspections, risk assessments, risk controls and corrective actions, ensuring all records are kept
- Manage budgets and prepare required reports
- Maintain NPS and mystery shop scores in line with KPIs adopted by Belgravia Leisure
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with the Belgravia Leisure C.L.E.A.R. Values
You will have a passion for aquatic operations and delivering safe environment to both staff and patrons. You will have the ability to create and maintain all relevant documentation in relation to safety and hazard minimisation.
You have strong communication skills that build rapport and positive relationships with people and a commitment to operational excellence. Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to interact effectively and build positive relationships with all operational staff and contractors.
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Aquatic Operations environment and demonstrated ability to lead a team. You possess values such as integrity, excellence, courage, openness, respect leadership and accountability.
About the Perks
An attractive salary to attract the right applicant and as a staff member of Belgravia Leisure you will have access to all the leisure facilities on the Mornington Peninsula.
About Yawa Aquatic Centre
Recently, the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council awarded Belgravia Leisure as the management company of their newest Aquatic & Recreation facility located in Rosebud. Construction of this state-of-the-art facility is due to be completed by mid-2021. Yawa
Aquatic Centre will include a number of facilities that will benefit many of the local community including 50m indoor pool, warm water program pool, four group fitness rooms for health and fitness classes, gym, wellness centre, café, family change rooms, all with a high level of regard to disability access. Thus, ensuring that Belgravia Leisure continues its purpose and mission of “connecting community to leisure” and in turn providing every member of the community the opportunity to take advantage of this incredible facility.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
About the Qualifications
- National Police Check
- Current First Aid Certificate (Workplace Level 2)
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Familiarity with the OH&S legislative guidelines
- Strong people leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- Pool Operators Qualification
- Occupational Health & Safety Course
Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about aquatic operations and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
This is a full time opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work. To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested. To find out more, please contact Dan Andrews on 0419 120 466.