VIC, Yawa Aquatic Centre - Rosebud 3939
- Are you passionate about promoting aquatic programs to the community?
- Do you possess the skills and ability to build, develop and lead a passionate team?
- A unique opportunity to lead and deliver a brand-new swim school
- Rare opportunity to be part of a new state of the art facility
About the Role
A once in a lifetime opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering the highest level of aquatic programming to the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s new $35mil Aquatic & Recreation Centre located in Rosebud.
This is an exciting time for Belgravia Leisure as we look to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Aquatic Services Coordinator to build and lead a passionate, professional and highly engaged swim school team.
The Aquatic Services Coordinator is responsible for the management and operation of the swim school and related services at Yawa and will lead the Aquatic Services Officers / Swim Teachers to ensure the delivery of swim school programs are to the highest standard possible.
The Aquatic Services Coordinator will deliver exceptional customer service and have an in-depth knowledge of aquatic programs, as well as detailed aquatic industry knowledge. Planning and organising lessons and providing leadership to the team will require professionalism, equality, teamwork, accountability, and innovation to continually improve service delivery.
With the support of the Aquatic Operations Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining a strong relationship with all bookings such as local clubs and schools and will seek out opportunities to increase school lessons and user group bookings.
The Aquatic Services Coordinator will deliver and drive exceptional service and a culture of innovation and will identify opportunities (including new programs) to maximise participation and will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Implement and promote the GOSwim program in line with Belgravia standards
- Implement processes for the success of the GOSwim Program
- Adhere to business plan objectives and events calendar
- Assist the leadership team to investigate accidents and incidents
- Achieve the set KPIs including financial performance
- Number of schools attending the program
- Retention of schools
- Maintain NPS and mystery shop scores in line with KPIs adopted by Belgravia Leisure
- Manage budgets and prepare required reports
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with the Belgravia Leisure C.L.E.A.R. Values
You will have a passion for swimming and the progression of students. You have strong communication skills that build rapport and positive relationships with people and a commitment to customer service excellence. Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Swim School environment and demonstrated ability to lead a team. You possess values such as integrity, excellence, courage, openness, respect leadership and accountability and must be able to run swim classes in the absence of a swim teacher.
About the Perks
An attractive salary to attract the right applicant and as a staff member of Belgravia Leisure you will have access to all the leisure facilities on the Mornington Peninsula.
About Yawa Aquatic Centre
Recently, the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council awarded Belgravia Leisure as the management company of their newest Aquatic & Recreation facility located in Rosebud. Construction of this state-of-the-art facility is due to be completed by mid-2021. Yawa Aquatic Centre will include a number of facilities that will benefit many of the local community including 50m indoor pool, warm water program pool, four group fitness rooms for health and fitness classes, gym, wellness centre, café, family change rooms, all with a high level of regard to disability access. Thus, ensuring that Belgravia Leisure continues its purpose and mission of “connecting community to leisure” and in turn providing every member of the community the opportunity to take advantage of this incredible facility.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
About the Qualifications
- • National Police Check
- • Current Level 2 First Aid & CPR Certificate
- • Working With Children Check (or equivalent)
- • Current AUSTSWIM Certificate - Teaching of water swimming and water safety
- • AUSTSWIM extension certificates (desirable but not essential)
- • Previous Swim School Coordinator Experience
- • Strong people leadership with an ability to inspire others
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Legally entitled to work in Australia
Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about aquatic programs and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
This is a full time opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work. To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested. To find out more, please contact Dan Andrews on 0419 120 466.