VIC, Ascot Vale Leisure Centre - Ascot Vale 3032
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
We are looking for an individual that shows leadership, is friendly and passionate about delivering the Belgravia Leisure – 5 Year Access & Inclusion Plan within the Moonee Valley Community.
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly manage Ascot Vale Leisure Centre. The centre is an aquatic and leisure facility situated in the Ascot Vale, Victoria. Our facility offer you a fully equipped gym featuring a wide range of both cardio and weights. Group fitness classes with a timetable that provides a wide variety of exercise classes to choose from.
Aquatic facilities include an indoor 25m pool, warm water pool, heated program and Learn to Swim pool and splash park equipped with water features for the kids to enjoy.
We are seeking a full time Community Engagement & Inclusion Coordinator to work with the Moonee Valley community. The role will oversee the day to day implementation of the Belgravia Leisure - 5 Year Access & Inclusion Plan within the Moonee Valley City Council area and will be responsible for the implementation of programs and initiatives to promote accessibility and participation amongst those that have been marginalised from such opportunities.
Reporting directly to the Centre Manager, the primary focus of the role will be to:
- Identify, engage and collaborate with a network of key community members and groups that can assist in the implementation of programs within that aquatic venues that will enhance social capital;
- Through a robust research process, identify local community needs that may be enhanced by programs delivered within the aquatic venue’s disability, diversity and disadvantaged space;
- To collaborate with coordinators and other key stakeholder to develop programs that address the identified needs and emerging issues, and collect relevant information and data to evaluate and report the impact of community programs.
- Identify opportunities to ensure that established programs are, where possible, sustainable and self-sufficient.
- Develop highly professional reports on the actions and outcomes of the implemented program highlighting the benefit to the community
The delivery of a fundraising strategy for the Belgravia Foundation, with all funds providing programs, services and education that promote access to leisure.
We will provide innovative recruitment strategies to remove any barriers that may prevent potential suitable applicants. These includes:
- A dedicated contact person to receive expressions of interest in the job, and complete a verbal job application during which the person answers questions over the telephone.
- Allowing a short video submission describing their application for the job
- Allowing a support person during an interview
We value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch. If you would like to speak to someone regarding this role, please call Emma Lowe on 0419 160 135. Applicants due by 17th January 2021.