VIC, Aquarena Aquatic and Leisure Centre, Templestowe Lower 3108
- Free club access
- Enjoy a great work / life balance
- Leave your mark leading our passionate swimming squads
This is a great opportunity for a competitive, dedicated and passionate swimming squad coach looking to take their career to the next level!
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
An exciting opportunity is available for an organised, motivated and driven Head Squad Coach. As the Head Squad Coach, you will be responsible for developing squad swimmers from juniors through to State and National level athletes, whilst building squad numbers throughout the year. The Head Squad Coach is required to maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Belgravia Leisure aquatic programs, educational trends and industry development. The position requires an energetic, motivated person who is professional and dedicated to squad program delivery.
The role is supported by the Aquatics Manager and involves working together as part of a team. The preferred applicant will be bright, cheerful and encouraging when instructing and dealing with participants, complimented by experience in coaching and developing people, good interpersonal skills, and have the capacity to think and act for themselves. You will be required to be flexible and available to do early starts and late finishes, weekend work will be necessary as well as some travel for competitions.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a capacity to deliver the following essential skills:
- Effectively lead a team to develop the program and pathway to achieve the outcomes and expectations of the facility, parents and swimmers.
- Provide a competition pathway for swimmers in the squad program.
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective operations of the squad program within company and legislative guidelines.
- Actively promote the squad program and participation in the affiliated Swimming Club.
- Ensure that you are adequately qualified for the program you are delivering and all squad activities are conducted in a safe manner in a safe environment, as per the company guidelines.
- Monitor progression of swimmers through the squad program and work with the Swimming and Water Safety program to identify talented swimmers and encourage participation in the squad program.
- In conjunction with the squad program, encourage participation in and conduct all swimming competitions in a safe manner in a safe environment.
- Coach qualification (Silver, Gold)
- Current First Aid (Workplace Level 2)
- Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check
- National Police Check (upon onboarding)
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in an aquatic and leisure environment, we want to hear from you!
Shortlisting and interviews will commence immediately, please do not delay in submitting your application.
Please submit your application by clicking on the "Apply" button