VIC, Mill Park Leisure Centre - Mill Park VIC 3082
The Aquatic Services Manager is responsible for the management and operation of the swim school and related services and programs. Accountable for managing the financial performance of the program in order to achieve the goals and targets as set out in the annual business plan for the Swim School and Squad Program.
The Aquatic Services Manager will lead the Swim Teachers and Squad Coaches to ensure the delivery of swim school programs to the highest standard possible.
You will have a passion for swimming and the progression of students. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
- AUSTSWIM Certificate (Teaching of water swimming and water safety or equivalent)
- AUSTSWIM extension certificates (desirable but not essential)
- Previous Swim School or Leisure Supervisor Experience
- Previous experience leading a large workforce towards business outcomes
- Demonstrated business and/or marketing experience
- Previous experience leading/reporting/monitoring financial outcomes
- National Police Check
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent)
- Level 2 First Aid and current CPR
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
Currently under construction, opening in 2021, The City of Whittlesea have undertaken a major $25 million redevelopment of Mill Park Leisure.
The works include:
- New state of the art gym and group fitness spaces.
- Three new pools, including leisure pool and aqua play features, learn to swim and warm water pool.
- This compliments the upgraded 25m pool, new, larger spa and sauna and new family and group and school change facilities, as well as improved change options for people with disabilities
- A new café, retail area and reception
- A refurbished crèche
- A landscaped outdoor space with play equipment, barbecues and outdoor exercise equipment
The Operations Manager is primarily responsible for leading the Duty Manager and Lifeguard teams. The role is responsible for ensuring the highest standards of water safety in accordance with industry best practice, and regulations. The Operations Manager is responsible for the recruitment, rostering and training of the Lifeguard and Duty Manager team.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health, wellness and aquatic environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we'll be in touch.