VIC, Yawa Aquatic Centre - Rosebud 3939
- Are you passionate about promoting aquatic and leisure activities to the community?
- Do you possess outstanding people skills?
- Are you passionate about fitness, love dealing with people and thrive on delivering unbeatable customer service?
- Rare opportunity to be part of a new state of the art facility
About the Role
A once in a lifetime opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering the highest level of customer service to the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s new $35mil Aquatic & Recreation Centre located in Rosebud.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable and friendly Lifeguards & Duty Managers to join the team. Our Duty Managers and Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring that areas within the facility, from customer services and pools, are a safe and enjoyable environment for all patrons. They are also responsible for pool plant systems which requires technical knowledge of plant rooms and water quality principles.
You will have a passion for safety around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun.
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within an aquatic environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
About the Perks
As a staff member of Belgravia Leisure you will also have access to all the leisure facilities on the Mornington Peninsula.
About the Site
Recently, the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council awarded Belgravia Leisure as the management company of their newest Aquatic & Recreation facility located in Rosebud.
The aquatic and recreation centre will include a number of facilities that will benefit many of the local community including 50m indoor pool, warm water program pool, three multi-purpose rooms for health and fitness classes, gym, wellness centre, café, family change rooms, all with a high level of regard to disability access. Thus, ensuring that Belgravia Leisure continues its purpose and mission of “connecting community to leisure” and in turn providing every member of the community the opportunity to take advantage of this incredible facility.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 200 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
About the Qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR
- Current Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current National Police Check
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Current Pool Operations Certificate (Duty Managers only)
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire. Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you! This is a full time opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested. To find out more, please contact Pat on 0433 978 056.