SA, Waikerie Community Sports Centre - Waikerie 5330
- Lead a team
- Make a real difference to the community
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
We are looking for an up and coming people leader to coach, inspire and lead the team!
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 200 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
We pride ourselves on being community orientated, accessible to all populations and diversities. Inside you will find the health club that is accessible 24/7, high quality stadium for sports including basketball, netball, volleyball, indoor soccer and badminton. We also offer you a devoted area to toddler’s to play in.
Having the resources for achieving fitness goals can be found in the health club. We provide members and guests with accommodating space so that they are able to excel in with their health and wellness goals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Centre Manager to lead the team to deliver exceptional customer experience on a full time fixed term basis. Responsible for the management of this fantastic facility, the team at the Centre and our local community, you are fully accountable for the Centre’s operational, financial and program deliverables. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the Centre’s leadership team, key stakeholders and the local Council. With an experience in leadership, financial and risk management, you will continue to drive the Centre’s overall success.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coach and develop leaders to deliver on KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Lead and drive a high-performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets.
- Maintain a high value relationship with local Council
- Implement a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Train staff as required to ensure that knowledge and capability are at the required levels to enable staff to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
You will be a proven leader, who drives with vision and energy. You are passionate about leisure, wanting to join a growing organisation. You will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high performance teams into business actions. You can easily articulate the link between employee engagement and exceptional business performance.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes
- Current CPR Certificate*
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)*
- National Police Check*
- Legal working rights in Australia
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Function or events experience
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and wants to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
To submit your application, click the Apply Now button!