SA, Copper Coast Sport and Leisure Centre - Kadina 5554
- Lead a team passionate people
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access and great benefits
This is an exciting time for Belgravia Leisure as we look to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Centre Manager to continue to build and lead a passionate and engaged team at the Copper Coast Sports & Leisure Centre.
As the Centre Manager you will be fully accountable for the facility’s operations, staff leadership, financial performance and program deliverables. You will deliver and drive exceptional customer service and a culture of teamwork. The Centre Manager will be a strong people leader who will be responsible for recruiting, developing and leading a skilful and passionate team. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team, key stakeholders and Council.
The Centre Manager’s key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coaching and developing staff to deliver KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Leading a high-performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achieving budgeted performance targets.
- Maintaining a high value relationship with our council partner.
- Implementing a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the customer base.
- Training and development of staff to ensure staff have the required knowledge and capability levels to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain the facility to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
Possessing strong communication skills, you are able to build rapport and positive relationships with people. Ideally you will have experience in managing a team, working on and in the business, and a willingness to be the face of the facility. With a flair and ability to positive influence and negotiate win-win outcomes, you lead by example. You are tech savvy and have a sound knowledge of health and safety legislation. You possess values such as integrity, excellence, courage, openness, respect leadership and accountability. Its desirable you have a good understanding of local government and its processes.
About the Site
The Copper Coast Sports & Leisure Centre, located in Kadina South Australia, is managed by Belgravia Leisure and is the flagship of the Copper Coast Council’s leisure facilities. A major redevelopment of the Centre has been undertaken and created a wonderful Regional Facility. It includes a heated indoor program pool and an extensive aquatic education program; health club, group fitness, 4 indoor stadium courts, external netball/basketball courts, spin room, childcare, kiosk and merchandise facilities. Less than 2 hours from Adelaide, the facility is located in the northern Yorke Peninsula region. By activating all areas in an innovative way, it ensures that Belgravia Leisure continues its purpose and mission of “connecting community to leisure” and in turn providing every member of the community the opportunity to take advantage of this incredible facility.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 200 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
About the Qualifications
- National Police Check*
- Working with Children Check*
- Current CPR Certificate*
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)*
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire.
Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about leadership, the community & leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
This is a full-time opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work. To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested. To find out more, please contact Catherine Foreman on 0403 199 931.