QLD, Mackay Aquatic Recreation Complex - Mackay 4740
- Free facility access
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend shifts
This is a great opportunity for a Duty Manager who has experience in pool operations and loves working with people, to provide leadership and coaching to our team.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 200 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
We are now seeking to hire a number of motivated and strong team member for this new facility on behalf of the Mackay Regional Council.
The Mackay Aquatic Recreation Complex (MARC) is the flag ship Aquatic & Leisure facility for the Mackay Region. Featuring an outdoor 50-meter pool to FINA competition standards, outdoor covered 25-meter pool, enclosed warm water programs pool and adjacent to the Aquatic facility is a competition standard athletics track.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and friendly Aquatic Duty Manager to join the team.
Our Duty Managers are responsible for ensuring that all areas within the facility, from customer services, pools and the health club are a safe and enjoyable environment for all patrons. They are also responsible for pool plant systems which requires technical knowledge of plant rooms and water quality principles. While on shift, the duty manager will have the acting authority of the Centre Manager when dealing with incidents or emergency response.
This role requires an individual who is a leader and can keep cool under pressure. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure our patrons safely enjoy their visit every time.
- Complete all daily operational and asset checklist for the Athletics Centre and additional tasks as set by the Operations Coordinator/Centre Manager
- Maintain compliance with all safe work methods and risk management procedures by routinely checking all areas of the facility
- Maintain operations within legislative guidelines
- Provide leadership and direction to all staff on duty
- Ability to work split shifts, which may include working early mornings, late evenings and/or weekends.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with patrons that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong leadership experience with an ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- National Police Check
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Current Pool Operations Certificate is desirable
Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health, wellness and aquatic environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.