All Aquarena staff are invited to take part in an online application process which will provide us with a greater indication of your level of experience, skills and qualifications.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 200 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
We are looking for some new Learn to Swim (LTS) Instructors, able to provide exceptional swimming lessons to groups, schools and individuals. Working within swimming program guidelines, we need people who can create a safe, fun and educational environment, in which students progressively learn to swim, and are encouraged to move into competitive swimming as required. This is a part-time (12 hours per week) position.
About the Role
As a Swimming Teacher you will teach effective Swimming and Water Safety to help grow our swim program. You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes.
You will have a passion for swimming and making children safer around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Passion for water safety
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of guests
About the Qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR
- Current Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current National Police Check
- Current AustSwim Certificate (or equivalent)
- AUSTSWIM extension certificate (Desirable) (or equivalent)
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire. Are you Interested?
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.