NSW, Michael Wenden Aquatic Leisure Centre - Miller NSW 2168
- Are you passionate about promoting health and fitness activities to the community?
- Do you possess the skills and ability to lead a professional team?
- Are you a qualified Exercise Physiologist to assist in driving Health & Wellness?
About the Role
This is an exciting time for Belgravia Leisure as we look to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Health and Fitness Coordinator to coordinate the day to day operation of the health club, group fitness, personal training programs and Exercise Physiologist by providing leadership and direction to a passionate, professional and highly engaged fitness team. We are also looking for a qualified Exercise Physiologist to assist in driving the Health & Wellness product, EP sessions and Group Fitness program. Sessional rates apply above the part time hours.
The Health and Fitness Coordinator will identify opportunities (including new programs) to maximise occupancy and growth of the health and fitness business and will deliver and drive exceptional service and a culture of innovation. The delivery of quality gym programs to patrons is an essential skill that will lead to customer satisfaction, retention and obtaining new members through word of mouth.
The health club will offer a diverse range of group fitness classes across four studios, a highly qualified fitness team who will deliver fitness programs, personal training and gym supervision as well as a non-intimidating, welcoming and supportive environment.
With experience as a leader in the Health and Fitness Industry and experience in delivering exceptional customer service you will continue to drive the overall fitness experience of our guests.
Key accountabilities include:
- Staff rostering within budget
- Group Fitness Timetable programming
- Total attendance reporting - Personal training, group fitness and casual attendance
- Ensure up to 90% of new members are scheduled for their Begin appointments
- Member engagement on the gym floor
- Coordinate and deliver the functional gym floor group training program
- Achieve personal training session targets
- Ensure all Personal Training sessions are tailored to our client’s needs
- Manage safe and efficient health and fitness programs within legislative guidelines
- Ensure all health club and group fitness equipment is in safe working order at all times
- Maintain NPS and mystery shop scores in line with KPIs adopted by Belgravia Leisure
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with the Belgravia Leisure C.L.E.A.R. Values
You will be a passionate leader who stays up to date with fitness industry trends and training techniques. You will be open to new ideas to get the community moving and have experience in leading a team to achieve collective and individual targets.
You have strong communication skills that build rapport and are truly passionate about helping others achieve their goals. Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience in the Health and Fitness Industry and proven experience as a personal trainer or exercise physiologist. Leading by example is a high priority and you possess values such as integrity, excellence, courage, openness, respect leadership and accountability.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 200 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
About the Qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR Certificate
- Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current National Police Check
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Fitness Australia Registration
- Experience working in a Health Club Environment
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire.
Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about health and fitness and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
This is a part time opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work. To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested.