VIC, Bright Sports Centre - Bright 3741
- Do you have a passion for a high level service delivery?
- Make a real difference to the community
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
- $70,000 - $74,999 plus superannuation
We are looking for an up and coming people leader to coach, inspire and connect the community to leisure!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Venue Manager to lead the team to deliver exceptional customer experience on a full time fixed term basis. Responsible for the management of this fantastic facility, the team at the Centre and our local community, you are fully accountable for the Centre’s operational, financial and program deliverables. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the Centre’s leadership team, key stakeholders and the local Council. With an experience in sales, financial and risk management, you will continue to drive the Centre’s overall success.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coach and develop leaders to deliver on KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Lead and drive a high performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets.
- Maintain a high value relationship with local Council.
- Implement a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Train staff as required to ensure that knowledge and capability are at the required levels to enable staff to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
You will be a up and coming leader, who drives with vision and energy. You are passionate about leisure, wanting to join a growing organisation. You will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high performance teams into business actions. You can easily articulate the link between employee engagement and exceptional business performance.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Extensive experience (1 to 2 years) in Venue Management
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
We value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
If you are a highly motivated and energetic professional looking for a career in the leisure, health and wellness industry then we would like to hear from you.
Apply here and now!