- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
- Free gym membership
- Potential to earn commission for your results
This is a great opportunity for passionate and friendly people who enjoy delighting our members and visitors and leave lasting positive impressions
About Genesis Fitness
with 24 hour access, 7 days a week, our national network of health clubs spans across Australia at 42 locations (and growing!) Featuring every aspect of exercise from weights to cardio, swimming or dance, boxing to cycling. We are passionate about creating a fitness community that is inclusive, encouraging and empowering of everyone!
This is a great career opportunity for someone wanting to get in to the Genesis Group of Clubs and receive the support to be developed further into an outstanding leader.
Our Member Services Officers are the heart of our business providing important services such as Sales, Reception and Merchandising to our members, casual users and potential new members in accordance with our established operational routines and procedures.
The role involves prospecting, touring, closing and getting referrals for future sales. They will actively seek new business for the club, representing the facility and Genesis in positive and professional manner.
The primary responsibility of our Member Services Officers is to acquire new members and deliver first class customer service ensuring it is in line our Mission, Vision and Values. They have the responsibility to achieve individual and team goals and targets as set out with a Assistant Club Manager and the Club Manager. The successful applicant should possess excellent communication skills, a passion for health and fitness, and enjoy helping people to start their goals.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Have a passion for fitness
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, both in person and over the telephone
- Apply sound cash handling principals and use of Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Promote the centres services and programs to customers and accept customer bookings and enrollments
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Excellent communication skills
- Hold current First Aid & CPR Certification
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent) & National Police Check
- Prior experience in fitness, sales, customer service or a retail environment is highly advantageous
Previous experience in fitness, sales, customer service or a retail environment is highly advantageous, but candidates with a friendly attitude and a customer service mindset are encouraged to apply!
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health training environment, we want to hear from you!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Genesis is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected].