Belgravia Health and Leisure Group are one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading companies in the Sports, Leisure, Aquatics and Recreation industry. It has over 250 venues including Health Clubs, Aquatic Centres, Golf Courses and Gymnastics. Our venues accommodate over 30 million visitations annual and focus heavily of activity communities in which we operate.
About the role
The Media & Communications Specialist is responsible for the advancement of and reputation management of Belgravia Leisure Group through the development and delivery of communication plans and programs, stakeholder and relationship management, public, media and government relations and issues management.
It provides executive office support to the CEO, as well as high quality services to Belgravia Leisure Group business units in relation to project specific media management, stakeholder engagement and corporate communications in line with the Group’s strategic priorities and corporate goals.
You will advise on and execute communication programs, planning and producing content that engages and connects, including intranet news, feature articles, presentations and multimedia content, and be responsible for the planning, delivery and measurement of a wide range of integrated internal and external communication strategies and corporate identity.
Role and Duties
The Media & Communications Specialist has been created to lead the Media and Communications function. You will provide strategic communication advice to the office of the CEO, Executive Leadership team and be able to work autonomously and to short timeframes.
- Support the management and direction of both external and internal communications, ensuring both industry and employer brand integrity is maintained.
- Have excellent relationships with media networks and prepare and manage proactive media opportunities.
- Be an excellent communicator with outstanding writing skills who can help translate complex issues into clear and concise messages. Ie; advanced writing skills, proficient editing of public policy materials and documents, attention to detail as well as outstanding stakeholder management skills.
- Prepare and create clear and concise communication materials for a broad range of external stakeholders and have the capability to effectively build new relationships with journalists and industry partners, particularly in the leisure sector.
- You will manage relationships with key media outlets and industry bodies as the central contact to maintain the positive reputation of Belgravia Leisure Group.
- The role will have a close working relationship with People & Culture, for the purpose of maintaining and developing a strong and innovative internal communications presence. This will include managing one direct report – Internal Communications Specialist.
We are seeking an ambitious and driven communications specialist to continue to drive the Communications, Media & Communications key initiatives. Your strong stakeholder management and communication skills, resilience, and personable nature will help set you up for success in this key role.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience working with Government is preferred, but not essential
- Strong corporate communications experience, including developing, implementing and measuring the success of external and internal communication programs an adaptable approach to teamwork with proven success driving business outcomes
- Proven project management and planning skills, with the ability to manage competing demands, timelines and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, and ability to build relationships at all levels across the organisation
- Experience in corporate communications, engagement, and experience in contributing to the design and of a wide range of integrated internal and external communication strategies and corporate identity.
- Tertiary qualifications in communication, journalism or public relations are essential
- When applying you will be required to share a portfolio or samples of writing.