WA, York Recreation and Convention Centre, York 6302
- Full time position available
- $65k + Super + Incentives
- Bring your customer service and people managing skills to this role
About the Centre
The York Recreation & Convention Centre (YRCC) is the sporting hub of York and is located within the Forrest Oval precinct, just of an hour east of Perth. YRCC is home to 11 of the area’s sporting clubs and provide a great hospitality venue for the whole community and its visitors to enjoy. YRCC offers casual, well-priced dining options during the weekend and the bar/café portion is currently open 5 days a week, Wednesday to Sunday.
We are seeking to recruit a Bar Manager on a Full time basis. As the Bar Manager, you will work closely with the food and beverage team to ensure each Guest receives a high-quality experience.
You will ensure that the venue is operated efficiently within budget guidelines and regulatory requirements. This customer focused individual will provide leadership to the bar staff leading them to the provision of excellent customer service.
You Will Also Be Responsible For The Following
- Rostering of staff
- Training of bar staff
- The minimising inventory costs via effective stock management procedures
- Effective cash handling procedures to ensure achievement of accurate and reliable reconciliations of cash balances
- Providing exceptional customer service and acting as a role model for the bar staff
- Planning and implementing events for the venue that add value to the local sporting groups and the community
- Ensuring full procedural and legislative compliance including responsible service of alcohol, fire safety, hygiene and occupational health & safety requirements
Skills & Attributes:
- Previous Bar management experience
- Computer literacy with POS systems
- Demonstrated advanced skills in customer service
- Current First Aid Certificate
- National Police Check
- Completed Responsible Service of Alcohol training
- Hold an Approved Manager ID Card (Unrestricted)
- Knowledge of Liquor Licensing Act 1988
- Food Safety Supervision Certificate
- Sound knowledge of food hygiene and safety standards
- 1 -2 years’ experience in the hospitality industry
- Previous event management experience
Previous industry experience is highly regarded!
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you! Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework.
Belgravia a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]