- Enjoy a great work / life balance
- Leave your mark leading our passionate swimming squads
- Part time position
This is a great opportunity for a competitive, dedicated and passionate swimming squad coach looking to take their career to the next level!
The Swim Squad Coach develops training plans that show progression for swimmers through the levels and effectively lead the team of instructors to develop the program and pathway from the Swimming and Water Safety program.
This role requires a Bronze Level or higher. You will be required to coordinate squad programs under the guidance of our Head Coach. Additional hours as required for expansion of program.
You enjoy swimming, love working with children through to adult athletes and want to teach the skills and attributes of competitive swimming and water safety to others.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities and needs. Demonstrating the ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a capacity to deliver the following essential skills:
- Effectively lead a team to develop the program and pathway to achieve the outcomes
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective operations of the squad program within company and legislative guidelines.
- Actively promote the squad program and participation in the affiliated Swimming Club.
- Ensure that you are adequately qualified for the program you are delivering and all squad activities are conducted in a safe manner in a safe environment, as per the company guidelines.
- Monitor Progression of swimmers through the squad program and work with the Swimming and Water Safety program to identify talented swimmers and encourage participation in the squad program.
- In conjunction with the squad program, encourage participation in and conduct all swimming competitions in a safe manner in a safe environment.
You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and attend competitions throughout the year and must be empathetic to the needs of the swimming and water safety program and other user groups in the facility.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]