NSW, Cook & Phillip Park Aquatic and Fitness Centre - Sydney 2000
- Are you passionate about promoting aquatic programs to the community?
- Lead a team of passionate swimming teachers
- Permanent Part Time position
This is a great opportunity for a swim school leader who enjoys swimming, love working with children, who want to lead a team, teach the skills of swimming and the value of water safety.
We are seeking a Swim School Manager (Aquatic Services Coordinator) to work in a part-time (25 hours per week) capacity at Cook & Phillip Park Aquatic and Fitness Centre. The responsibility of the Swim School Manager (Aquatic Services Coordinator) is to assist in the management and operation of the swim school and related services and programs.
The Swim School Manager (Aquatic Services Coordinator) will lead and provide direction to the Pool Deck Supervisors and Swim Teachers, to ensure the delivery of swim school programs to the highest standard possible. Supported and under the guidance of the aquatic services manager.
You will have a passion for swimming and the progression of students. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
You will also be supporting the Swim School Coordinator in an admin capacity as well as teaching classes, therefore you will have to have your Swim Teacher qualification.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Strong people leadership with an ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of WHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent) & National Police Check (or ability to obtain)
- Current Swim Teacher Certificate – Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety
- Demonstrated experience managing, guiding and leading swim teachers
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role within the aquatic industry
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- AUSTSWIM extension certificate or equivalent
- Links software experience
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]