NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities - Sydney 2000
Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool, Woolloomooloo
Cook+Phillip Park Pool, Sydney
Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Ultimo
Prince Alfred Park Pool, Surry Hills
Victoria Park Pool, Broadway
Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre, Zetland
- Free facility access - $40/ hour
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend shifts
This is a great opportunity for qualified Duty Managers who value water safety and love working with people, to provide leadership and coaching to our team.
Belgravia Leisure has been awarded a three-year contract to manage the City of Sydney’s iconic leisure and aquatic centres.
In managing these centres it employs people in roles such as lifeguards, learn to swim instructors, fitness coaches, centre management, and corporate functions.
All employees are expected to work across the different locations and contribute to the Contract’s imperatives of operating sustainably, driving centre attendance, and fostering inclusion for all members of the community.
- Are you renowned as a ‘people person’?
- Do you love living near, working in, or visiting iconic Sydney locations?
- Are you proud of your city, and keen to be an ambassador for others?
- Do you love seeing active people having access to all their local communities have to offer?
- Do you take safety, wellness and inclusion seriously?
- And most importantly, do you have current availability including the ability to work early mornings, late afternoons and on weekends?
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and friendly Duty Managers to join the team, across all facilities. The Duty Manager’s primary responsibility is to co-ordinate day to day operations of the facility with the highest regard to safety and high quality service delivery.
You will have a passion for safety around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure our patrons safely enjoy their visit every time.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong leadership experience with an ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- National Police Check
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Current Pool Operations Certificate
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]