NSW, Kurri Kurri Aquatic and Fitness Centre - Kurri Kurri NSW 2327
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Free access to the centre
- Take the next step in your aquatics or leisure career!
We are looking for an up and coming people leader to coach, inspire and lead the team!
Reporting directly to the Centre Manager, the role of the Assistant Centre Manager is to ensure the smooth operation of the facility in accordance with operational practices, contractual requirements, quality systems, legislative regulations and industry guidelines.
The Assistant Centre Manager will drive a customer centric approach to the provision of programmes and services, while establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders. This role will oversee the programming side of the venue - GoSwim, Squads and Gymnastics. A strong background in Learn to Swim programming will be required.
You will work in collaboration with the Centre Manager to develop and manage our customer journey ensuring growth, retention and profitability through the development of channel strategies. You will also oversee OHS processes and management systems provided by Belgravia Leisure and legislative regulatory requirements.
The Assistant Centre Manager position will be the eyes and ears for the Centre Manager by demonstrating exceptional leadership qualities, a high level of integrity and commitment to their team members and the local community.
Succeeding in this position will in turn align you with Belgravia’s career succession plan into a Centre Manager’s role. This role may require the successful incumbent to work weekends and some additional hours during peak seasonal periods.
- Ensuring that the team of site staff are operating effectively to deliver a safe, patron friendly site always open for use.
- Management of sales, retention, guest experience, customer service and health and fitness.
- Ensure that patron feedback is acted on and, over time, reduce any negative perception communicated by patrons regarding site operations.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the site is faultless and ensure that the site is maintained to high safety standards. Aim for a model site with zero injuries
- Adhering to the OH&S processes and management systems provided by Belgravia and legislative regulatory standards
- To assist and support the Centre Manager in the growth of the membership base at the centre by generating leads whilst ensuring to provide professional service to both existing and prospective members
- Management experience
- Financial management experience, particularly around sales, growth & retention of memberships
- A strong background in Learn to Swim programming
- Experience in member sales and retention, and understanding a centre’s operation
- HR management experience
- Working with Children (or equivalent)
- National Police Check
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR Certificate
- 3 plus years’ experience in assisting/managing and operating a facility in the leisure or other comparable service related industry
- Aquatics industry experience
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you! Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]