NSW, Moree Artesian Aquatic Centre - Moree 2400
- Make a real difference to the community
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
- Do you possess the skills and ability to lead, develop and build on an enthusiastic team?
- Financial support for relocation provided + Salary $85,000.00
We are looking for an up and coming people leader to coach, inspire and lead the team!
Belgravia is proud to manage and operate the Moree Artesian Aquatic Centre and we are seeking a qualified and experienced Venue Manager to lead the team and deliver exceptional guest experience and operational excellence at the venue. The role has a strong tourism focus and will include the delivery and support of local events and activities.
The role also offers excitement of the future development of the venue that includes a new 50m Olympic Pool and the relaunch of the very popular wellness offering.
As the Manager of this exceptional venue you will be responsible and accountable for the business operations along with working closely with Council and local stakeholders to drive venue visitations. You will use your exceptional leadership skills to motivate a team of passionate staff, dedicated to serving the wider community through the provision of programs, activities, and tourism events. You will have overall responsibility for the exceptional guest experience and stakeholder relationships while ensuring financial targets are established and achieved.
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets
- Maintain a high value relationship with our council partner and local stakeholders such as Tourism Moree
- Implement a high value guest experience proposition that addresses the needs of the client base
- Lead and drive a high performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement
- Train and mentor staff as required to ensure that knowledge and capability are at the required levels to enable staff to carry out their work and achieve their objectives
- Maintain facilities to approved safety standards in line with contract requirements and guest expectations
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure, aquatic or wellness facility
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Current CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Minimum 2 years experience in aquatic operations
- Operational experience in aquatic, recreation or tourism facilities
- Great understanding of local government and processes
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Pool Operations Certificate
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]