NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Lead a team of passionate swimming teachers
- Fixed Term Full-Time & Part Time roles
This is a great opportunity for multiple swim school leaders who enjoy swimming, love working with children, who want to lead a team teach the skills of swimming and the value of water safety.
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly manage the City of Sydney's five Iconic Aquatic and fitness leisure centres (Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Cook and Phillip Park Fitness and Aquatic Centre, Andrew 'Boy' Charlton Pool, Victoria Park Swimming Pool and Prince Alfred Park Pool)
Our centres attract more than 1.8million annual attendances and plays a pivotal role in supporting the City of Sydney's Sustainable Sydney 2030 Strategy.
We are seeking multiple Aquatic Services Supervisors, to work in a part-time or full time fixed term capacity at Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre. The responsibility of the Aquatic Services Supervisor is to assist in the management and operation of the swim school and related services and programs.
The Aquatic Services Supervisor will lead and provide direction to the Pool Deck Supervisors and Swim Teachers, to ensure the delivery of swim school programs to the highest standard possible. Supported and under the guidance of the aquatic services manager.
You will have a passion for swimming and the progression of students. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Strong people leadership with an ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of WHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent) & National Police Check (or ability to obtain)
- Current AustSwim Certificate – Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety
- Demonstrated experience managing, guiding and leading swim teachers
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role within the aquatic industry
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- AUSTSWIM extension certificate
- Links software experience
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity and want to utilise your skills and passion in an aquatics environment, we want to hear from you! Please ensure you submit a combined resume and cover letter, addressing each of the essential skills and attributes in your cover letter. (Cover letter Maximum 2 pages).