WA, Merredin Regional Community and Leisure Centre - Merredin 6415
- Lead a team at an iconic regional sporting & hospitality venue
- Make a real difference to the community - Full time role
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
A fantastic opportunity exists for the right candidate to manage an iconic, community-based sports and hospitality venue located in Merredin.
The right applicant will receive an attractive salary (commensurate with experience) plus an annual bonus scheme.
As the Venue Manager of MRCLC and the Grandstand Bar & Restaurant, you will be responsible for the venue’s operational, financial and program deliverables. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the venue's leadership team, key stakeholders and the Shire of Merredin.
With experience in hospitality, venue, financial and risk management, you will continue to drive the venue’s overall success
You are a hands-on front of house focused leader who motivates and inspires their team through your own personal customer focused approach. You are passionate about hospitality, sport and leisure. You will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high performance teams into business actions.
This position will suit someone who is quick to build relationships with local patrons and sporting clubs and be willing to try new things to drive revenue through the venue.
Whilst a large focus of this role is about driving revenue, you will still be expected to be able to make commercial decisions on effective spending, marketing, compliance, safety & wage controls.
- Management of a multi-faceted hospitality venue
- The ability to develop and maintain a high performing team – with passion and enthusiasm
- Strong guest first focus
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets.
- Maintain a high value relationship with Shire of Merredin.
- Maintain a high value relationship with the Merredin Sports Council and its members.
- The ability to build lasting local and community-based relationships.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum 2 years' experience in managing a large hospitality and/or sports venue with food and beverage operations
- Financial literacy – strong controls of COG, wages and expenses
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Thorough understanding of modern technology systems (POS, Office 365), stock and licensing compliance
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes
- Approved Managers Card
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- National Police Check
- Previous experience in community engagement
- Pool Operators and/or Pool Lifeguard qualification
About the Centre
The Merredin Regional Community & Leisure Centre (MRCLC) is the sporting hub of Merredin and is the ideal place for the local community and surrounding areas to get healthy and active and is home to the Grandstand Bar & Restaurant.
The venue offers a full service restaurant and bar along with a range of aquatic activities and stadium sports for children and adults of all abilities, including indoor heated hydrotherapy swimming pool, swimming lessons, aquaFIT classes, indoor play centre for the whole community and its visitors to enjoy.
The Grandstand Bar & Restaurant offers dining options Tuesday through Saturday with the bar currently open 7 days a week, Monday to Sunday,
About the Perks
With an attractive salary to attract the right applicant you will be eligible to earn a bonus of up to 10% of your salary by achieving your key performance indicators.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the apply now button. We’d love to hear from you!
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]