VIC, Keilor East Leisure Centre - Keilor East 3033
- Are you passionate about promoting aquatic and leisure activities to the community?
- Do you possess outstanding people skills with the ability to generate leads?
- Are you passionate about fitness, love dealing with people and thrive on delivering unbeatable customer service?
- Rare opportunity to be part of a new state of the art facility
About the Role
An opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering the highest level of customer service to the Moonee Valley's new $35mil Aquatic & Recreation Centre located in East Keilor.
As a Swimming Teacher you will teach effective Swimming and Water Safety to help grow our swim program. You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes.
You will have a passion for swimming and making children safer around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Passion for water safety
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of guests
About the Perks
As a staff member of Belgravia Leisure you will also have access to all the leisure facilities in Moonee Valley, including Ascot Vale Leisure Centre and Queenspark Swimming Pool.
About the Site
The centre will include a number of facilities that will benefit many of the local community including 50m heated outdoor pool, 25m indoor lap pool, learn to swim pool, warm water program pool, spa, steam and sauna, as well as an indoor water playground for young children,
There will also be multi-purpose rooms for health and fitness classes, gym, wellness centre, café, family change rooms, all with a high level of regard to disability access. Thus, ensuring that Belgravia Leisure continues its purpose and mission of “connecting community to leisure” and in turn providing every member of the community the opportunity to take advantage of this incredible facility.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
About the Qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR
- Current Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current National Police Check
- Current AustSwim Certificate (or equivalent)
- AUSTSWIM extension certificate (Desirable) (or equivalent)
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire. Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you! The successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested.