NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities - Sydney 2000
Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre, Zetland
Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool, Woolloomooloo
Cook+Phillip Park Pool, Sydney
Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Ultimo
Prince Alfred Park Pool, Surry Hills
Victoria Park Pool, Broadway
- Do you have energy, enthusiasm and a desire to help people?
- Are you a people-person who can foster a safe but fun environment with swimming students, parents and carers?
- Are you able to teach people of all ages and abilities about water safety and how to swim?
- Would you like to work in some of Sydney’s most iconic locations?
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly manage the City of Sydney's six iconic Aquatic and Fitness Leisure Centres (Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Cook and Phillip Park Pool, Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool, Victoria Park Pool, Prince Alfred Park Pool, and Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre).
At Belgravia Leisure, we believe in the power of Our People in Connecting Community to Leisure. We greatly value diversity and encourage people from all backgrounds to find a career with us. We pride ourselves on providing our employees with access to an extensive range of career options and opportunities for career progression at any of our family-friendly venues, with the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
We are looking for eager The Learn To Swim Instructors to provide swimming lessons to groups, schools, and individuals within swimming program guidelines in a safe, fun and educational environment in which students progressively learn to swim. These roles (multiple) can be offered either full-time, part-time or casual basis to suit your lifestyle.
You will be:
- Conducting safe, positive, and motivating swimming classes around a supplied structured program
- Assist each student's level of competency and recommend appropriate programs
- Supervising students swimming classes ensure they don’t place themselves or others at risk
- Working with great team members while evaluating, reviewing and modifying existing programs
- Knowledge and understanding of swim teaching and water safety, ensuring participant safety and enjoyment
- Ability to manage students of various ages and abilities in an aquatic learning environment.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills including the ability to liaise with students and parents
- First Aid Certificate
- Qualified Swim Teacher
- Current Provide/Perform CPR
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Work rights in Australia
If you are not qualified but have suitable background to match role, we will support your training. We want to hear from you, express your interest and join to us today.
If you are a parent with part-time availability, a person returning to the workforce and/or someone who is looking for a great role that helps people learn, and connects them to leisure, we’d love to hear from you.
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.