VIC, Gurri Wanyarra Wellbeing Centre, Bendigo 3550
- Lead a passionate team
- Free facility access
- Great career pathway with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Full-time permanent position
The Aquatic Operations Manager (AOM) will oversee all aspects of the centre’s operations as well as lead and inspire both the Lifeguard, Duty Manager and the Operations team. The AOM’s role is a combination of day-to-day hands-on involvement in managing lifeguard supervision, compliance, health and safety and centre maintenance including reactive and preventative maintenance. You will identify opportunities (including new programs) to maximise participation and will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team and key stakeholders.
With strong business acumen, experience as a leader in the Aquatics and Leisure Industry and experience in delivering exceptional customer service you will continue to drive the overall aquatics and operational experience of our guests.
The Aquatic Operations Managers key accountabilities include:
- Monitor, manage and improve Lifeguard supervision across the venue
- Review and improve supervision plans, operations manuals and ongoing in-service training schedules
- Ensure pool water quality continually complies with Health Guidelines
- Ensure all equipment is in good condition including pool plant equipment
- Execution of Preventative Maintenance Schedule
- Assist the Centre Manager to investigate incidents
- Ensure the physical appearance of the site is faultless and ensure the site is maintained to the highest safety standards.
- Ensure all staff adhere to OHS processes and management systems provided by Belgravia Leisure and legislative regulatory requirements
- Maintain Lifeguard Mystery Shopper processes and reporting to ensure compliance with RLSSA GSPO standards at all times
- Manage budgets and prepare required reports
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with the Belgravia Leisure C.L.E.A.R. Values
To be considered for this role you must have a ‘can do’ attitude, high energy and an exceptional work ethic. The AOM sets the tone of the whole facility, requiring a Manager who has proven team leadership skill and experience.
The ideal candidate will know how to build a team, and to create a team environment that will facilitate a great team performance. You have experience in leading teams to achieve collective and individual targets and have strong communication skills that build rapport and positive relationships. Ideally you will have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar aquatics and operations leadership position and proven experience as a swim teacher, lifeguard, duty manager and leader of safety.
About the Qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR • Current Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current National Police Check
- Technical Operations Qualification
- Current Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Previous management / leadership experience in similar role
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire. Are you Interested? You must have a Technical Operations qualification and Pool Lifeguard qualifications.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]