VIC, Keilor East Leisure Centre - Keilor East 3033
- Great workplace flexibility with weekday and weekend shifts
- Free Gym and Swim Membership
- Multiple casual and part-time positions available
- Rare opportunity to be part of a new state of the art facility
We are seeking part time and casual cafe attendants to work at Keilor East Leisure Centre. Our Cafe All rounders/ Barista's need to have the highest level of customer service skills. The primary responsibility of our Cafe Staff is to deliver first class service to our patrons ensuring the kiosk operates effectively and efficiently within Heath Department Regulations. Always aligning yourself with our Mission, Vision and Values.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Meet the requirements of the centre's food safety plan
- Ensure all cleaning and maintenance is carried out according to specified quality standards
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Maintaining the appearance and presentation of the café
- Follow health and safety guidelines
- Cashier experience, taking orders and handling cash
- Apply sound cash handling principals and use of Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Promote the centres services and programs to our patrons
- Provide information on our product range, including promoting healthy food options
You will have the flexibility to work mornings, evenings and/or weekends. Hours may increase during the centre's peak periods.
Skills & Attributes:
- Positive, friendly, helpful and energetic work style
- Coffee making/ barista skills
- Ability to be flexible during the centre's peak periods
- Food Services Assistant or Food Safety Supervisor Qualification ( or willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & CPR
- Current Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Food Handling Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
About the Site
The Keilor East Leisure Centre includes a number of facilities that benefits many of the local community including 50m heated outdoor pool, 25m indoor lap pool, learn to swim pool, warm water program pool, spa, steam and sauna, as well as an indoor water playground for young children.
There will also be multi-purpose rooms for health and fitness classes, gym, wellness, café, family change rooms and creche, all with a high level of regard to disability access. Thus, ensuring that Belgravia Leisure continues its purpose and mission of “connecting community to leisure” and in turn providing every member of the community the opportunity to take advantage of this incredible facility.
About the Perks
As a staff member of Belgravia Leisure you will also have access to all the leisure facilities in the Moonee Valley area, including Ascot Vale Leisure Centre and Queens Park Swimming Pool.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
This is a part time or casual opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work. To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested.
We value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the Apply Now button.