NSW, BK Gymnastics Marrickville - Marrickville 2204
- Be part of something new and exciting
- Great workplace flexibility
- Build a career you love working with children
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
This is a great opportunity for passionate and friendly Gymnastics Centre Manager who enjoys creating engaging and innovative programs, developing children and managing a team of coaches.
Belgravia Kids (BK) is the latest venture for the Belgravia Group and the realisation of a clear goal from Belgravia founder, CEO and Chair, Geoff Lord:
"To positively impact the lives of a million Australian Children each year through physical activity".
Over recent years, a more sedentary lifestyle and significant population growth in our major cities have led to a rise in obesity and a worrying lack of basic physical skills. The result is that today’s kids may be the first generation with a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
Opening their first Centre in Feb 2019 BKs Gymnastics has grown to more than 10 venues across 3 states with new venues opening through 2022-2023.
The Marrickville centre opened under BKs Gymnastics management in March 2020 and despite the interruptions of Covid has grown to over 700 participants.
BKs Gymnastics currently employs in excess of 250 staff and this role creates a great opportunity not only to progress your career to be part of a growing vibrant business which can offer many future professional development opportunities and advancements
The Gymnastics Centre Manager is accountable for the overall success of their business unit, meeting or exceeding financial budgets and membership KPIs set out in the annual plans and business budgets. The Centre manager drives a safe, inclusive and positive culture of memberships, service and operational excellence through great planning and staff mentoring and training.
This will be a full-time position comprising of a 38-hour week.
The successful applicant will be available for weekend and weekday evening hours, as required by the centre’s time-table requirements. The successful applicant will be offered a healthy remuneration package tailored to your qualifications and experience.
- Achieve great customer service for both participant and parents
- Achieving or exceeding the centres operational and financial budgets through effective strong member growth and careful cost control
- Maximising profitability and setting/meeting membership and participation targets including motivating staff to contribute effectively
- Delivery of training and ongoing coaching and mentoring of all centre staff
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Resolving customer/parent queries and complaints with a service first attitude
- Coordination of staff rostering
- Facilitation of effective communication between and within staff but also with customers
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation – for staff and customers – including child safety standards
- Preparing localised promotional plans and community outreach to drive memberships
- Liaising with head office and other centre managers
- Liaise with the Gymnastics Coach to ensure the preparation of quality, safe and innovative gymnastics programs
- Liaise with gymnastics coach to ensure records of members, injuries and programs are recorded and stored effectively
- Develop and maintain a timetable of classes which maximises the use of the facility and considers members’ needs
- Implement new programs as appropriate to meet community needs
- Effective implementation and use of business systems to drive an efficient business operation
- Coordinating maintenance of gymnastics floor and surrounding areas
- Customer service mindset
- Financial management experience
- Strong sales acumen
- Fanatical customer service mindset
- Passionate about children’s development in sport and sporting skills
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check upon onboarding
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Knowledge of child gymnastic programs and the gymnastic industry
- Gymnastics qualifications
If you are interested in this role, simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Kids is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]