- Multi-site leadership role
- Exciting Diverse Portfolio including Managing the under-construction Wulanda Recreation and Convention Centre
- Opportunity to make a real difference in a supportive team
We are on the hunt for an outstanding people leader to coach, inspire and lead our Mount Gambier based team… If that is you, read on!
About the Site
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group has proudly been awarded the management of Wulanda Recreation and Convention Centre a state-of the art recreation, aquatic and convention centre being built in Mount Gambier.
This brand new facility (under construction) will be the jewel of the South East of South Australia – attracting regional events, live performances and trade shows & exhibitions to complement the local aquatic and leisure programs and services for the community.
The Area Manager is responsible for the leadership of Wulanda. Through the leadership and development of your teams, you are accountable for the operational performance, financial and program deliverables of each facility, whilst utilising your exceptional leadership skills to motivate the team of professionals. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team to ensure the provision of consistent quality services and programs to members and guests.
You will demonstrate a successful track record in marketing, sales, projects and management and you will continue to develop the relationships with the community, our local council partners and all other stakeholders to drive the success through the engagement and development of its people.
Inherent in the role is the commitment to ethical practices, to foster strong team motivation and reinforcement of the Belgravia Leisure values. To be considered for this role you will be a seasoned and professional manager, who leads with vision and energy, with extensive experience in commercial/business management, preferably from within the leisure, tourism or venue management sector.
The ideal candidate will have a strong strategic development and business planning background, with the ability to engage and develop lasting, positive relationships with various staff and stakeholders. You will have experience in growth of tourism and hospitality businesses. A true people leader, you will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high performance teams in your career. You can easily articulate the link between employee engagement and exceptional business performance. You also have experience in the tourism sector—growth of tourism and hospitality businesses.
Skills and Attributes
Candidates will require a range of personal and professional skills, including:
- Highly developed leadership skills, with experience in building successful teams and developing a high-performance culture.
- Extensive experience in the strategic development and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes.
- Experience in the events sector.
- Demonstrative experience leading a dynamic and complex business operation, preferably from within the leisure, fitness, aquatic, retail, hospitality or facility management industries.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and/or extensive experience in Centre/Facility Management or senior management experience in a related industry is highly desirable.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you! Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]