VIC, Head Office - Flexible Work Location 3000
- Opportunity with a growing & entrepreneurial National organisation
- Flexible work locations
- Free Gym Memberships and benefits
Head of PR is responsible for the advancement of and reputation management of Belgravia Leisure Group through the development and delivery of communication plans and programs, stakeholder and relationship management, public, media and government relations and issues management.
Head of PR is responsible for the advancement of and reputation management for Belgravia Leisure Group through the development and delivery of communication plans and programs, stakeholder and relationship management, public, media and government relations and issues management.
It provides executive office support to the CEO, as well as high quality services to BLG business units in relation to project specific media management, stakeholder engagement and corporate communications in line with BLG’s strategic priorities and corporate goals.
Role and Duties
This position aligns with our CLEAR values and reports to the CMO.
- As a communications leader you will be at the forefront of reviewing our customer communications and producing content that engages and connects internally and externally
- You will promote Belgravia Leisure Group’s fitness and tourism assets to customers via the media and internal comms platforms
- You will be a key part of the internal communications process to staff at all levels
- You will form a pivotal role in the creative process and hold the front row in brainstorming within the marketing department
- Diversity and inclusion will be the basis of every communication, internally and externally
- You will design and deliver a yearly comms plan that delivers client facing promotion of the Belgravia brand. Such plan will reduce barriers for our clients and promote the strengths of the Belgravia product offering.
- You will design and deliver a yearly comms plan that delivers customer facing promotion of the Belgravia brand geared to support planned marketing efforts.
- Working with the Executive leadership team you will plan and deliver an corporate comms plan
- You will produce a corporate comms crisis plan and roll out training to required members of the executive team.
- You will lead and mentor the Internal Communications Specialist whose responsibilities include; planning and producing content that engages and connects, including intranet news, feature articles, presentations and multimedia content.
- You will lead and support the Executive Leadership, management and internal teams in the art of presenting the Belgravia Leisure Group narrative in line with brand identity.
Accountability and Results
- You will own and deliver relationships with key media contacts to secure coverage
- You will ensure all communication objectives are in line with brand and business communications
- Skilled at relationship building, you will be a stakeholder expert responsible for owning relationships at all levels of the company
- You will be responsible for the delivery and measurement of a wide range of integrated internal and external communication strategies and corporate identity
- You will provide high quality, strategic communication advice to the office of the CEO, Executive Leadership team and be able to work autonomously and to short timeframes.
- You will leverage media relationships for exceptional coverage for BAU
- You will take the roll laid out by the regional/site major incident policy to protect the reputation of the business
- With strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, you will have the ability to build relationships at all levels across the organization
- The role requires an excellent communicator with outstanding writing skills who can help translate complex issues into clear and concise messages. This will require advanced writing skills, proficient editing of public policy materials and documents, attention to detail as well as outstanding stakeholder management skills.
- Always striving for excellence, you will identify opportunities to improve processes and helping to build the Group's corporate profile and internal communications function.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Strong corporate communications experience, including developing, implementing and measuring the success of external and internal communication programs
- Proven project management and planning skills, with the ability to manage competing demands, timelines and priorities.
- Experience in issues management and handling sensitive information
- Experience working with Government is preferred, but not essential
- Tertiary qualifications in communication, journalism or public relations are essential
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you are looking to work in the health and fitness industry, to step into a big business and own this position – we want to hear from you!
There is tremendous growth in our company and excellent career opportunities.
To be considered for this position, please apply with a cover letter and resume
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]