VIC, Nagambie Swimming Pool - Nagambie 3608
- Great seasonal facilities
- Great career pathway with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Opportunity to make a real difference in a supportive team
We are on the hunt for an outstanding people leader to coach, inspire and lead the team at our fantastic seasonal pool!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Venue Manager to lead the team to deliver exceptional customer experience on a full-time fixed-term basis.
Responsible for the management of this fantastic facility, the team at the Centre and our local community, you are fully accountable for the Centre’s operational, financial and program deliverables. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the Centre’s leadership team, key stakeholders and the local Council.
With an experience in sales, financial and risk management, you will continue to drive the Centre’s overall success. This role is a 6-month contract, November - April 2023.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of policies, processes, and procedures.
- Coach and develop leaders to deliver on KPIs through engagement, performance planning, and individual development plans.
- Lead and drive a high-performance community-minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets.
- Maintain a high-value relationship with the local Council
- Implement a high-value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse, and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
You will be an up and coming leader, who drives with vision and energy. You are passionate about leisure, and wanting to join a growing organisation. You will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high-performance teams into business actions. You can easily articulate the link between employee engagement and exceptional business performance.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in managing or leading in similar leisure or aquatic facility
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial, and people plans to achieve successful outcomes
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- National Police Check
- Working with Vulnerable People
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Current Pool Operations Certificate is not essential but highly regarded
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate (or ability to successfully complete the course)
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]