VIC, WaterMarc Banyule - Greensborough 3088
- Free facility access
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend shifts
- Part time position available
This is a great opportunity for qualified teachers who enjoy swimming, love working with children, who want the next step in their career!
The Aquatic Services Coordinator is responsible for the management and operation of the swim school and related services and will lead the Aquatic Services Officers / Swim Teachers to ensure the delivery of swim school programs are to the highest standard possible.
The Aquatic Services Coordinator will deliver exceptional customer service and have an in-depth knowledge of aquatic programs, as well as detailed aquatic industry knowledge. Organising lessons and providing leadership to the team will require professionalism, equality, teamwork, accountability, and innovation to continually improve service delivery.
You will be responsible for maintaining a strong relationship with all bookings such as local clubs and schools and will seek out opportunities to increase school lessons and user group bookings.
The Aquatic Services Coordinator will deliver and drive exceptional service and a culture of innovation and will identify opportunities (including new programs) to maximise participation and will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team and key stakeholders.
Key accountabilities include:
- Promote the GOSwim program in line with Belgravia standards
- Implement processes for the success of the GOSwim Program
- Adhere to business plan objectives and events calendar
- Assist the leadership team to investigate accidents and incidents
- Number of schools attending the program
- Retention of schools
You will have a passion for swimming and the progression of students. You have strong communication skills that build rapport and positive relationships with people and a commitment to customer service excellence. Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Swim School environment and demonstrated ability to lead a team. You possess values such as integrity, excellence, courage, openness, respect, leadership and accountability and must be able to run swim classes in the absence of a swim teacher.
About the Qualifications
- National Police Check
- Current Level 2 First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent)
- Current AUSTSWIM Certificate - Teaching of water swimming and water safety AUSTSWIM or equivalent
- AUSTSWIM extension certificates (desirable but not essential) or equivalent
- Strong people leadership with an ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
Skills & Attributes:
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]