QLD, Murgon Jubilee Swimming Pool - Murgon 4605
- Newly acquired seasonal pool
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access and great benefits
We are looking for an up and coming people leader to coach, inspire and lead the team!
Belgravia Leisure in partnership with South Burnett Regional Council, are proud to be the management company of the Murgon Jubilee Swimming Pool in Murgon, QLD.
This venue features a range of program opportunities to cater for the needs of the community. Swimming & water safety lessons, junior squads, birthday parties, aqua aerobics, deep water exercises, HIIT training and water basketball.
The 50m pool which is a 6 lane Olympic Pool, a toddler pool and an inviting and spacious lawn area creates a family friendly venue that supports Belgravia Leisure’s commitment of “connecting community to leisure”.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Venue Manager to lead the team to deliver exceptional customer experience on a full-time, fixed term basis, for the upcoming summer season, Sep 2023 - April 2024.
Belgravia Leisure is a company that prides itself on educating, training, coaching and mentoring our team members to advance within our business. Your valuable contribution during this upcoming season could potentially see you move into other roles within the business and in turn provide you with extended employment across the off season at both Murgon Jubilee Swimming Pool and alternative Belgravia Leisure managed facilities.
Responsible for the management of this fantastic facility, the team at the venue and our local community, you are fully accountable for the venue’s operational, financial and program deliverables.
Inherent in the role is the commitment to ethical practices, to foster strong team motivation and reinforcement of the Belgravia Leisure values, contributing to the positive work culture across the region. To be considered for this role you will be a seasoned, professional applicant, who leads with vision and energy, with experience in commercial/business and contract management, preferably from within the leisure, fitness, aquatic or facility management sector.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coach and develop leaders to deliver on KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Lead and drive a high-performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Maintain a high value relationship with our council partner.
- Implement a high value customer service.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Train staff as required,
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes
- Ability to work autonomously
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Pool Life Guard Certificate
- Pool Operations Certificate
- Blue Card: National Police Check & Working with Children Check
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in aquatic operations
- Great understanding of local government and processes
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]