WA, BK's Swim O'Connor - O'Connor 6163
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend classes
- Casual position available with Free facility access
This is a great opportunity for qualified teachers who enjoy swimming, love working with children, who want to teach the skills of swimming and the value of water safety.
While we have established 4 sites in Victoria which include BK Gym Hoppers Crossing, BK Swim & Gym Noble Park, BK Gym Bayside and BK Gym Craigieburn. We now have a fifth facility which is based in the town of O'Connor in Western Australia. At our BK centres, customers will experience a friendly and warm atmosphere with coaches that will guide and encourage them.
As a Swimming Teacher you will teach effective Swimming and Water Safety to help grow our swim program. You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes.
You will have a passion for swimming and making children safer around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent)
- National Police Check
- AUSTSWIM Certificate – Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety (ESSENTIAL)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics Access and Inclusion (Desirable)
Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
BK facilities and programs will be tailored to the needs of the communities in which they are located and will include gymnastics facilities for ‘Learn to Move’ programs and swim centres for ‘Learn to Swim’ programs. They will focus particularly on programs for children aged between 1 and 12 years old, but can be expanded to encompass a wide range of other activities, depending on the specific community needs.
The Gymnastics programs will provide the foundation of this physical literacy and, with a customised facility model and authentic gymnastics programs including Kinder Gym, Gym Fun, Gym Skills and FreeG Kids, and Australian Levels Programs for Men’s and Women’s Artistic Gymnastics.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]