VIC, Keilor Golf Course - Keilor North VIC 3036
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Part time Fixed Term position ending 30th of May 2023
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
A keen interest in golf and the golf/sports management industry will prove advantageous in this role.
In the North-Western suburbs of Melbourne towards Bendigo, hidden amongst hundred-year-old gum trees is Keilor Public Golf Course (KPGC), a community-focused 18-hole golf course, driving range, and golf academy. KPGC has been part of the Brimbank community for over 40 years, owned by Brimbank Council and proudly managed by Belgravia Leisure for the last decade.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the successful applicant must be well presented, honest, reliable, organised, and self-motivated with a good work ethic.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for building meaningful and lasting relationships within Brimbank City Council to service and support community needs, including but not limited to:
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) with attention to people of diverse faiths, those who experience language barriers, newly arrived people, in particular newly arrived migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, and international students
- People living on low and/or insufficient incomes to meet basic rights and needs, with attention to people living in public housing, families with young children and single parent families
- Young people, with attention to those who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, from CALD backgrounds, early school leavers, and those living in families with insufficient incomes and/or in neighbourhoods with limited infrastructure
- Older people, with attention to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, from CALD backgrounds, and older people living in public housing, living alone or in neighbourhoods with limited infrastructure
- People with disability or mental illness
- People at risk of exclusion due to reasons not listed above and which may include family violence, pay inequities, unemployment gender stereotypes, being single parents, divorced or widowed.
- Understanding of the principles of community development and associated government priorities and strategies.
- Motivation and passion to support a community development process.
- Experience using evidence-based practices underpinned by collaboration with community groups, to address determined community needs.
- Experience leading a team implementing community development activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level report writing and public presentation skills.
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Community Development or related fields.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]