NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities - Sydney 2000
- Fun and engaging environment, with a friendly team
- Work across state of the art Aquatic & Leisure Facilities
- Manage and lead a team of specialists
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly manage the City of Sydney's six iconic Aquatic and Fitness Leisure Centres (Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Cook and Phillip Park Pool, Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool, Victoria Park Pool, Prince Alfred Park Pool and Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre)
Attracting 1.8 million annual attendances, with more 10,000 membership subscriptions, the Centres an important role in connecting the Citys residents, workers and visitors to a diversified mix of industry leading recreational pursuits.
The primary focus of the City of Sydney (CoS) Business Partner is to manage a team of specialists to support business objectives, to ensure we provide an excellent service for the entire community.
You will lead a team of subject matter experts of the contract, including:
- People and Culture - recruitment, onboarding, training, IR, performance management, people initiatives
- Finance - including P&LS, statistics, budgets, procurement, AP/AR
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Marketing - development and execution of marketing plan
- Product development and delivery-health and wellbeing, GoSwim
- Guest Experience - in-centre, help desk
- Community Engagement
- Responsible for completion and adherence to contract compliances
You will act as the first point of contact for the region’s business specialists, administering and maintaining centralised HR processes, including but not limited to, recruitment, employment, performance management, remuneration, termination, career development and training. Ensuring this in line with Belgravia Leisure & CoS deliverable requirements. You will also lead, coach, train and engage a team responsible for strategy improvement and compliance in the region, within CoS and Belgravia Leisure requirements (including but not limited to marketing, finance, sustainability, community engagement)
By working closely with the CoS Operations Manager to assist the Centre Managers, you will deliver all operational requirements within the contract framework. This will be done by providing accurate and timely advice to supervisors and managers on HR, or other employment matters as required, ensuring that the supervisors or managers have the right tools and knowledge
You may be required to prepare reports and recommendations to Belgravia Leisure management where processes and procedures could be improved. While delivering a quarterly new employee induction program for the region in line with CoS and Belgravia Leisure requirements.
- Graduate qualifications in HR or business or progress towards qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training, preferably in human resource management and service delivery
- Demonstrated experience providing advice and guidance across a range of short term operational HR matters and long term HR solutions
- A detailed knowledge of relevant employment legislation, including relevant Acts (including but not limited to the Fair Work Act), Regulations and Standards
- Extensive leadership skills in building and maintaining an engaged or high performing team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an ability to produce high quality, professional documentation.
- Knowledge of workforce issues facing the aquatic facility management environment
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking "Apply Now"
Please ensure you submit a combined resume and cover letter.
Please note- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]