QLD, Millmerran Indoor Sports Centre - Millmerran 4507
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access and great benefits
- Are you passionate about promoting aquatic and leisure activities to the community?
- Do you possess the skills and ability to lead, develop and build on an enthusiastic team?
You have experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to achieve successful outcomes. Possessing strong communication skills, you are able to build rapport and positive relationships with people. Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility and 5 years’ experience in managing and leading teams.
With a flair and ability to positive influence and negotiate win-win outcomes, you lead by example. You are tech savvy and have a sound knowledge of health and safety legislation. You possess values such as integrity, excellence, courage, openness, respect, leadership and accountability. It's desirable you have a minimum 2 years’ experience in aquatic operations and a good understanding of local government and its processes.
About the Role
This is an exciting time for Belgravia Leisure as we look to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Venue Manager to build and lead a passionate and engaged team to further enhance the access to community leisure facilities.
As the Venue Manager you will be fully accountable for the facility’s operations, financial performance and program deliverables. You will deliver and drive exceptional customer service and a culture of innovation. The state of the art facility will be known for its access and inclusion with programs aligned to delivering the community health and wellbeing outcomes within Council's Community Strategic Plan.
You will be a strong people leader who will be responsible for recruiting, developing and leading a skillful and passionate team. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team, key stakeholders and Council. With strong business acumen and experience in sales, financial and risk management, you will continue to drive the overall success of the centre.
The Venue Manager’s key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coaching and developing leaders to deliver KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Leading a high-performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achieving budget performance, program and diversity targets.
- Maintaining a high value relationship with our council partner.
- Implementing a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Training and development of staff to ensure staff have the required knowledge and capability levels to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
About the Perks
With an attractive salary to attract the right applicant you will be eligible to earn a bonus of up to 10% of your salary by achieving your key performance indicators. As a staff member of Belgravia Leisure you will also have access to all the leisure facilities in the Moreton Bay region.
About the Qualifications
- National Police Check*
- Working with Children Check*
- Current CPR Certificate*
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)*
- Pool Lifeguard qualification*
*If you do not currently hold these qualifications you must be willing to acquire.
About the Company
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Are you Interested?
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
This is a full time opportunity; the successful applicant will be available to work across a span of hours across the week, including weekend work. To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, with a valid driver licence and be willing to undergo a background check if requested.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]