NSW, Whitlam Leisure Centre - Liverpool 2170
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend classes
- Multiple casual positions available
This is a great opportunity for qualified teachers who enjoy swimming, love working with children, who want to teach the skills of swimming and the value of water safety.
As a Swimming Teacher you will teach effective Swimming and Water Safety to help grow our swim program. You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes.
You will have a passion for swimming and making children safer around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent) & National Police Check
- Current Swim Teaching Certificate (AUSTSWIM, Royal Lifesaving or Swim Australia)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics or equivalent - (Desirable)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics Access and Inclusion or equivalent - (Desirable)
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at [email protected]